ZE: A or also known as the Children of Empire is a South Korean boy band under the management company of Star Empire Entertainment and are consists of nine member. The group had debuted alongside with their EP Nativity and their lead single, â€œMazeltovâ€ on the 7th of January, 2010. The group had showed their performance five days later.
- Kevin (born February 23, 1988Â (ageÂ 23) Korean name Kim Ji Yeop
- KwangHee (born August 25, 1988Â (ageÂ 22), full name Hwang Kwang Hee
- SiWan (born December 1, 1988Â (ageÂ 22), real name Im Woong Jae
- JunYoung (leader, born February 9, 1989Â (ageÂ 22), full name Moon Jun Young
- TaeHeon (born June 18, 1989Â (ageÂ 21), full name Kim Tae Heon
- HeeChul (born December 9, 1989Â (ageÂ 21), full name Jung Hee Cheol .
- MinWoo (born September 6, 1990Â (ageÂ 20), full name Ha Min Woo
- HyungShik (born November 16, 1991Â (ageÂ 19), full name Park Hyung Shik
- DongJun (born February 11, 1992Â (ageÂ 19), full name Kim Dong Jun
Under the name Child of Empire, they had made their appearance on Mnetâ€™s Office of Reality whereas the group had gained more attention by performing several guerilla shows and making some UCC videos. They had also made some appearance on a documentary kind of show named, â€œStar Empireâ€ and after that they had got their own documentary show called â€œEmpire Kids Returnsâ€ that shows them performing in wing car performance around the Seoul and has been training. The group had encountered some controversies on December that their groupâ€™s name follows the name of Brown Eyed Girl member, Jea. Since that, the group had changed the pronunciation of their name to avoid another controversy.
After releasing their teaser, the group had debuted with their EP, Nativity under their name ZE: A on January 7, 2010. Since then, the group had quickly garnered much attention until they had reached the number one spot on the album chart and artist chart on daum on their debut day. The group had made their comeback on the month of March alongside with their release of their second mini album entitled, Leap for Detonation. The title track for the mini album is called â€œAll Day Longâ€ that is a melodramatic kind which featured a major change in their style; the said song was produced by Brave Brothers. The groupâ€™s third single was titled as Level Up and was released in 9th of July, 2010.
The group has started their Asia promotion tour in Thailand at the end of July, 2010. Their other showcases and promotional activities were set on Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia and some other countries respectively. On December 21, 2010, the group had released their Japanese single album, â€œLove Letter / My Only Wish,â€ and ranked second on Oricon daily chart. The group showed their first full length album,Â Lovability, on March 17, 2011, including songs from their previous albums as well as a few new ones.